Development and Diplomacy
Resetting Caribbean Policy Analysis in the Aftermath of the COVID-19 Pandemic
Edited Winston Dookeran and M. Raymond Izarali
In the wake of pervasive global challenges exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Caribbean stands at a critical point in its economic development. Development and Diplomacy: Resetting Caribbean Policy Analysis in the Aftermath of the COVID-19 Pandemic is an illuminating exploration of the region’s need to recalibrate and reshape its developmental policy strategy.
Maria A. Robinson-Smith presents an overview and genealogy of Revivalism in this work. She explores the role of the Revival iconography in building a culture of shared understanding among Revivalists and, by extension, African Jamaicans. The Watt Town setting, with bands coming together from communities all over Jamaica, engaging in the same practices, is a symbolic homeland where people celebrate their Africanness and sustain the collective memory of Revivalists.
Journal of Caribbean History
Volume 57 Issue 1
Editor: Professor Kathleen E. A. Monteith
- “To Work Her Grounds”: Provision Grounds, Gardens, and Subsistence in Late-Slavery Trinidad, 1824–1833 by Patrick T. Barker
- Women and Food Production: Trinidad’s Response in World War II by Karen E. Eccles
- “Dishonourable Blacks”? The 1983 “Rebel Tour” and Jamaican Nationhood and Identity by Julian Cresser
Editor: Kim Robinson-Walcott, PhD
- The Cunny Louise Bennett: Values and Craft by Mervyn Morris
- Praise Song for Rohlehr: A Compilation of Tributes by Paula Morgan
- “If You Don’t Make Money, Then You Don’t Make Sense”: Representing Legacies of Wealth in Recent Jamaican Dancehall Music by Nicole A. Plummer and Erin C. MacLeod
Caribbean Journal of Psychology
Volume 14 Issue 2
This feature includes:
- To What Extent is Parental Involvement Associated with School-Based Adolescent Delinquency in Jamaica?
- The Prevalence, Contexts, and Impact of Children’s Exposure to Domestic Violence in Jamaica
- Abuse, Racial, Religious and Cultural Interferences Experienced by Neurodivergent Children and Children with Other Additional Needs in Guyana
Caribbean Trade, Integration and Development - Selected Papers and Speeches of Alister McIntyre (Vol. 2)
Caribbean Trade, Integration and Development - Selected Papers and Speeches of Alister McIntyre (Vol. 1)
No books found...