It’s that time of the year again!
We are pleased to announce it’s the sale of the year.
- Use promotional code 03UWICN21 at checkout uwipress.com
- 50% discount from November 23, 2020 to February 28, 2021
- While stocks last
- Does not include shipping and handling charges
- All sales final; no returns
- Email [email protected] for further assistance
“One part biography, one part criticism, one part memoir, one part detective”
“Bliss: an early twentieth century, white creole, Jamaican, lesbian writer. The scholar Michela Calderaro reads into the past to recover Bliss, a writer she reveals as ahead of her time and not fit for her time or place in the world. Calderaro delivers Bliss back to the present, through interviews conducted across many years with Bliss’s lifelong partner Patricia Allan-Burns, through the recollections of editors and friends painstakingly tracked down, through letters and diaries discovered and meticulously pored over and pieced together.”
—Shara McCallum, Professor of English, College of Liberal Arts, Penn State University
Lucille Mathurin Mair by Verene A. Shepherd
Apart of the Caribbean Biography Series
Lucille Mathurin Mair (née Walrond) made a mammoth contribution to women in Jamaica and across the world. In this biography, Verene Shepherd traces Mair’s evolving ideology through her roles as professional historian, wife, mother, mentor, diplomat, national and international civil servant, legislator, and women’s rights activist. Mair’s tireless commitment to the principles of justice and equality for women guided her work and she particularly sought to centre women of the Global South in the development agenda.
Caribbean Journal of Psychology
Volume 12 Issue 1
- Culturally Responsive Mental Health Outreach and Trauma Training in Haiti by Karen M. Roller, et al
- The Caribbean Symptom Checklist: A Culturally Valid Multidimensional Measure of Psychological Functioning in English Speaking Caribbean Nations by Michael Canute Lambert, et al
- Creating Connections in the Caribbean: Preparation and Process of Multilingual and Multinational Intergroup Dialogue by Ashley Maxie-Moreman
- 12-Volcano by Kamau Brathwaite
- Kamau’s Abeng by Hilary Beckles
- Giant of Caribbean Letters by Velma Pollard
- Sound and Thought That Binds: Kamau Brathwaite by Tim Reiss
- Path by Jack Hirschman