UWI Press Editorial Committee
The University of the West Indies Press’ Editorial Committee is comprised of faculty members of the University of the West Indies. Members are appointed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University on the recommendation of the Chair of the Board of Directors of the Press. The Editorial Committee comprises 6 members drawn from the 5 campuses representing the following faculties: Humanities and Education, Social Sciences, Science and Technology, Law, Food and Agriculture, and Sport, and 2 members from the Board of Directors of the Press (a total of 8 members).
The 5 regular members shall serve a two-year term, renewable for not more than one year.
The Managing Director and Acquisitions Editor who shall act as the Secretary to the Committee.
Functions of the Editorial Committee:
- To hear and confirm (or disapprove) manuscript proposals
- To advise on local and external reviewers where necessary
- To hear and confirm (or disapprove) recommendations to publish from the DPT
- To hear and confirm (or disapprove) journals to be admitted to the UWI Press Journals of the Caribbean platform
- To hear and confirm (or disapprove) series proposals
Committee Members 2022-2024
Tracy Robinson, Chair, LL.B. (UWI) B.C.L (Oxon) LL.M.(Yale)
Senior Lecturer, Deputy Dean (Graduate Studies & Research)
The University of the West Indies
Faculty of Law, (Mona)